1) I note that Loki's illusionary versions of himself flicker remarkably like the Princess Leia hologram that R2D2 showed to Obi Wan Kenobi. Clearly, Hollywood is under the impression that holograms will never, ever be perfected even with otherworldly technology or magic.
2) The designers of the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier learned the lessons of the Death Star and installed lots and lots of guardrails.
3) a very "Marvel" movie. I never understood the idea of licensing characters and then changing all the details. (ie an Italian Red Skull)
4) it dawned on me that Chris Evans who played Marvel's Captain America in the Avengers also played Marvel's Human Torch in the Fantastic Four movies. Potential nicknames for him : Captain Torch or Human America.
5) Some of the aliens were kind of disappointing : a kind of Skrull-like chin, 2 thumbs (but on the same side of the hand. WTF. to compensate for an evolutionary inclination to stick their finger in places they shouldn't?) The alien design and armor seemed somewhat generic. Not bad but sort of a default.
Sunday, May 6, 2012
movie notes : the Avengers movie
Posted by Col. Milquetoast at 9:07 AM No comments:
Labels: aircraft, comics, movie review, Star Wars
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)