Monday, June 16, 2008

word

Recently, I turned on the TV, switched to the old movie channel and a moment later the word "SLUT" appeared on the screen. I was shocked and, of course, hurt and confused. The TV and I had always had a good relationship, at least I thought so. To call me a slut was uncalled for and, I would argue, not a very accurate. I pondered getting written statements from witnesses to testify to my mostly good character.

But then it turned out to have been the last bit of a Danish movie and "slut" is the danish word for "end." TV and I are back on speaking terms.

And now I can argue with someone, make my case and signify the end of my statement by saying "Slut!" Or criticize their lack of knowledge and signify the end of my statement by saying "Ignorant! Slut!"

No comments: