Saturday, May 17, 2008

semper ubi sub ubi

link Peter Beaumont broke open an egg and was shocked to find a dead gecko inside. “I was cracking the eggs into a pan when I noticed one of them was all cloudy. I looked at the shell and saw a tiny gecko,” he said....
“Certainly the gecko wouldn’t have been ingested by the bird. It would be physically impossible for it to make its way from the digestive tract into the area where the egg’s formed,” said the corporation’s research and development manager, David Witcombe.

“So it’s a case of the gecko actually making its way through the cloaca of the bird and onto the developing egg.”


Mrs Gecko : Where have you been?
Mr. Gecko: Out.
Mrs. Gecko: Well?!?
Mr. Gecko: Well what?
Mrs. Gecko: Well, did you get me anything?
Mr. Gecko: (sheepish) I tried...
Mrs. Gecko: My mother warned me that you were a layabout! Do you think I want to start a family with someone who can't provide for me?
Mr. Gecko: I tried to get you some chicken! I killed a chicken but it was too big to drag back.
Mrs. Gecko: (rolls eyes) mmmm hmmm...
Mr. Gecko: I did! Then i tried climbing up a chicken's cloaca to get you a farm fresh egg... It was horrible, just horrible, I could barely breathe! I thought I was going to die!
Mrs. Gecko: Need I remind you that a female Gecko can reproduce without needing any participation from a male? (impatiently tapping her foot, arms crossed and lips, if geckos have lips, pursed)
Mr. Gecko: Baby, how about I get us some KFC with gravy & some biscuits and after you calm down I'll get in touch with you about that cloaca plan.
Mrs. Gecko: You get me a chicken today or you're never touching me again!

No comments: